Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Cannot wait to finish the next steps with OSGL

I can hardly wait for the next phase of the OSGL (open source games list) to finish. The next phase is the synchronization with the LGW (Libregamewiki) and the OSGC (open source game clones list), a cleanup (consolidate keywords and dependencies and conversions to Git) and a better static/dynamic HTML output of the results and finally a promotion tour. Currently I have almost finished the synchronization part and I hope that the rest can be done until the end of the year (that's six weeks from now).

The reason I can hardly wait is because so much other stuff wants to be done. In particular, I can't wait to

  • Finish programming the coloring-app and publish in for Android
  • Start a similar list for open source apps for kids
  • Start building and improving the open source games in the OSGL and set up a website for downloads of binaries
  • Gathering more statistics about the open source games, especially about the artwork and set up a web site for displaying artwork information
That's an ambitious plan, but I'll do my best.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your list for Open Source apps for children when you start on it. I have what's left of the Schoolforge database of Open Source applications. Might be some educational games listed in it that you can add to your lists. Do you need any volunteers to help with building and improving some of the Open Source games in the OSGL? I've been working on builds/patches for several C and SDL based programs. I noticed Tuxmath was listed as inactive since 2011. I do have patches for more recent developments for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment. I created a repository for the open source apps for children just now, but so far it's just a readme file. You could if you want post a link to your Schoolforge database (if its online) either there in an issue or here. I will start a list of sites to visit and look for kids apps and put it there.

    You can also help with building and improving games in the OSGL (a single person couldn't do it all anyway, so any help is welcome). Just pick whatever game you like from the list and start, then add or correct the information that is in the OSGL (by opening an issue and by doing a pull request). For example, if you know where there is newer development of Tuxmath, just update the Tuxmath entry accordingly.

    ReplyDelete