Thursday, June 6, 2019

Civil: Status update

There has not been much progress in the last months. Interest from outside also seems to be small. It's also not my top priority at the moment. And Python as a programming language doesn't make understanding old code from others particularly easy; the inner dependencies of the code are only weakly to be inferred compared to e.g. Java. All this hinders development.

However, I still like the idea and even if I cannot get the old Civil to work (the computer player just doesn't seem to do anything), one can recreate the game or a similar game just by re-coding the game. I thinks that it's worth it and whenever there is a bit of free time, I intend to follow this idea. Let's see where this leads to. It's the journey that is a considerable part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment