Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Back to opensourcegames (OSGL)

After half a year long break, I started again looking at the opensource games list Github repository and static page that I built and maintained over the last two years. Interestingly, I forgot quite a couple of things (conventions like which keywords are used to denote multiplayer capability or how some code dependencies or licenses are specified). Even I, the maintainer, needs some time to get into the project again. I should make a list of all the things and add documentation about it.

Anyway, the first steps will be some cleanup, checking links and repositories, synchronizing with osgameclones.

What I really want to do is not adding more games, but rather starting to bring old games back to life and write an article about the whole journey. After a couple of weeks, cleaning the database, polishing the web output and promoting the project, I will move to the next stage, relying on others to keep the database updated.

Before I will finish the Lark parser testing tool that is quite advanced and tell the maintainer of the Lark parser about it. It should only take a couple of days.

I also want to get the open source kids apps list started.

There is really lots of work available. More than I could ever do. I will never run out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment