Thursday, December 28, 2017

Civil: the journey continues

Originally I just wanted to import the sources of the original Civil project to Github to preserve them and to facilitate further development with the aim to rescue an abandoned project.

However, I could not stop myself and started to continue myself. I started setting up a restructured text based documentation that can be automatically be created by readthedocs each time the code repository gets updated and I setup Travis CI (it was ridiculously easy) to automatically run tests and report errors each time the code repository gets updated. Unfortunately there are not tests at the moment.

The goal is to jump-start the continuation of the project by

  • Updating the code base to Python 3
  • Switching the GUI framework from PyGame to something more modern
  • Reducing complexity in the code base and the game model
  • Removing unused or unnecessary parts of the code base
  • Delivering installers for Windows
  • Adding tests
I welcome everyone taking part in this. Let's collaborate on Github.

No comments:

Post a Comment