Monday, February 5, 2018

Coloring templates for the Coloring app

The working on the coloring app progresses well. I realized that I had the main part (the coloring) already implemented last time. Now it's just a few lines of code here and there, mostly implementing the gallery functionality where you can watch your results. However, surprisingly, the biggest challenge currently is getting enough high quality content. I can only take appropriately licensed (Public Domain or Creative Commons or equivalent) material and it needs to consist of about 20-50 separate areas (not every picture actually is suitable for coloring).

My best source so far is openclipart.org.

I will get search until I have around 50 nice coloring templates, then polish the app and test it on all available devices and then I will jump into the water and publish on googleplay. That may still take about a month, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment