Monday, February 5, 2018

FreeRails: Current development goals

I'm intending to bring the project to a state where it is relatively simple to implement all the intended features for a "version 1.0" release. I hope others will join and will bring it to the full feature release then. With limited resources on my side, bringing the game to this intermediate point may take some time.

The milestones I want to reach in any case (may take some time) are:
  • More complete description of the game design in the documentation
  • Clear separation of model, view, controller, server, client, serialization code
  • Reduction of dependencies and complexity of the code
  • Improved graphics and graphical user interface using JavaFX
  • Runnable, bug-free version with an installer
  • Some kind of roadmap towards version 1.0
If this can be reached within the year 2018, I will be happy. Also from then on, I can continue managing the project but probably not actively develop it any further due to time constraints. However, I would also consider it rescued then.

No comments:

Post a Comment