Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Icons and more

Everything always takes a bit longer than estimated before because there are always details that are missing in the beginning. One detail here for the new website for the OSGL was icon fonts. I started with bulma as CSS framework, then got to know fontawesome icons, then found many other sources like ionicons, material design icons, iconarchive.com or game-icons.net and finally came to "Optimize Font Awesome". From there I arrived at IcoMoon, a free service that allows you to create your own optimized webfonts by selecting only the needed icons from other fonts. I tried it and so far I'm very happy with it.

Now I use icons. The only problem is that I find the layout more confusing with icons. Will have to tinker more before it can be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment