Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Multithreading in game improvements

 I looked at many more of the Java games that I potentially want to improve and I could strike out some of them because they are too complicated or the sources have not yet been converted to Git. A thorough search also resulted in some of them already having some form of continuation. I'm left with maybe 10-15 projects. The question is how many of them I want to work on in parallel.

I want to work on more than one of them simultaneously to not get bored, less risk of getting stuck and to use synergies effectively. I don't want to work on all of them simultaneously to actually finish some of them. Obviously there is an optimal number.

For the time being, I will try ~6 as that number: AntiChess, Spice Trade, 4D Maze, Domino on Acid, Boulder Dash, Java Name Generator and Polis.

P.S.: Work got me again after the Christmas and I understood that so many projects are too many. So I reduced the workload to 4 (AntiChess, Spice Trade, 4D Maze and Domino on Acid).

No comments:

Post a Comment