Thursday, January 14, 2021

Added 10,000 developers to the OSGL

 I finished gathering data automatically from the Sourceforge and Github projects in the open source games list and that greatly expanded the number of developers listed.

 With more than 11,000 developers now I could even crosslink some names (if the names are similar and they work on the same game or have similar nicknames) but mostly it's guesswork to follow accounts over different code hosting platforms like Sourceforge, Bitbucket, Github and Gitlab. The Git commit emails might give me more insight, but since an accurate account of the developers of open source games was never really the main aim, I think I will leave it at that for the moment.

The main goal here was to fill the planned static web page with as much content as possible with reasonable effort before finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment